I wish I could say that amazing & exciting things have been keeping us busy, but instead it’s been a steady flow of regular life with 2 littles + holiday stuff. Maybe that’s why I’m at a loss for any sort of descriptive title to this post…
Here’s my attempt at an update (note: I’m 100% sure that plenty will be left out, but here’s what I got):
- Ann Arbor visits, some with kids, some without. Mostly boring because of estate business.
- Family trip to Lake Geneva WI! Not to be confused with ‘vacation,’ since Joey was there for a conference, and toting 2 small kids to a hotel in a seasonal town during the off-season was anything but refreshing. But we survived, and had some fun times, too.
- Halloween! Trick-or-treating fun in WI and also at home. The boys were both ridiculously adorable dinosaurs…thank you Pinterest.
- Ear infections/snotty noses/coughing/fevers galore. Cold season is upon us, and boy does it suck. For everyone.
- School play: Oscar’s school put on a ‘production’ of Stone Soup on a Friday morning/midday in Nov. It was crazy cute, and they even made and served a version of stone soup to everyone for lunch. Yes, I filmed the entire thing with my phone.
- Thanksgiving Feast! We attending the annual Thanksgiving potluck at Archie’s school, and it was only a little weird for Oscar to be back now that he goes somewhere else.
- Thanksgiving: we hosted my dad, Barb, Molly, Jason, and baby (toddler) Leo. We had a great time with family, loads of food, and only 1 visit to the hospital (scary cough for Archie turned into O2 level monitoring…spoiler: he was fine). Yes, everyone was sick.
I think that does it. Maybe. We also had family photos taken, and are in the throes of holiday gift/travel/card planning. Add that to work and the twice daily antibiotic, ear drop, and nebulizer administration to various members of our household (mainly Archie), and I’m just hoping we come out on the other side only slightly scathed. As an apology for being such a slacker in this space, enjoy the photos below (and don’t miss what’s probably my favorite video ever…to date):
[*Pro tip: click on the below leaf-blower photo for animation :) ]